Within the Discussion Forum area, write in no less than 150 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Grouping types of beverage service into these rather arbitrary categories does not always describe the character of individual enterprises. Many establishments do not fit handily into a specific category, and those within categories can be as different as day and night. Yet all categories have certain similarities. They all sell alcoholic beverages. They have similar staff structures, patterns of purchasing and inventory, and ways of controlling the merchandise.
A successful business meets the needs and desires of a certain clientele and strives to be deliberately different from others serving a similar clientele in order to stand out in the competition for customers. Other major reasons for the wide variety of bar operations are simple: the special circumstances of each operation, as well as the personalities, desires, and budgets of their owners. To be successful, however, the entrepreneur must put clientele above all else in shaping his or her enterprise
Choose one of the following methods to assist for your paper submission
- Identify a style of beverage establishment.
- Identify the concept and target customers.
- Describe what type of service you would provide to go along with the concept.
- Describe how you could give your operation a competitive advantage.
- Discuss some of the challenges specific to hotel beverage service.
- Explain what some of the new beverage industry trends are today.
- Identify which spirit has seen the most growth in recent years.