Select a firm (MAC Cosmetics) and complete the outlined below. You may use any source of information and must document references that are used. You must use current firm-specific and industry-specific accounting data (as of 12/31/19 if available) as appropriate for the analysis. Paper must follow APA guidelines, and at least 3,000 word count, excluding title page and references.
The guide below should be used to complete the paper:
1. Situation Analysis
a. PESTEL Framework
b. SWOT Analysis
c. Firm-level trend analysis of five important financial ratios for the local firm and two other
industry competitors (Examples: Mary Kay, Cover Girl, Revlon, Avon)
d. Identify management problems in focal firm (Mac Cosmetics)
i. External environment
1. Consider political, economic, sociocultural, technological, ecological, or legal
factors. Choose two problems from these areas.
ii. Internal environment
1. Top management issues? Consider CEO, Executives, Corporate Officers, or
Board of Directors. Choose one problem from these areas.
2. Corporate resources and functional areas? Consider corporate culture,
organizational structure, operations, marketing, human resources, finance,
accounting, information technology, or research and development. Choose
one problem from these two areas.
2. Problems and solutions
a. Why does each identified problem exist?
i. Who are the stakeholders involved in the problem you have identified?
(There must be multiple stakeholders involved for a problem to exist)
ii. What are the competing demands? (Involved stakeholders must have competing
demands for problems to exist).
b. What is the best solution for each problem?
i. Is the firm (MAC Cosmetics) pursuing the best solution?
1. If yes, then identify, explain, and defend the firm’s strategic choice.
2. . If yes, then identify, explain, and defend better strategic actions.