One of the first tasks in the development of an Information Technology (IT) Governance Policies and Procedures Manual is to map the business goals for the organization to the IT goals and make sure that they are in alignment. To perform this step, it is necessary to understand the business goals and to ensure that the IT goals will not contradict the business goals, or to take steps to correct any alignment issues. There are also often particular information security issues that must be addressed because of organizational, government, or regulatory agency requirements. To address these issues, the difference between IT governance and information security governance must be understood and addressed, so this part of the project will require a discussion of these issues.
For this assignment, you will conduct an evaluation of the business goals of your selected organization and prepare a mapping of IT goals that will support the business goals. You will also prepare a section for the manual that addresses the information security requirements and offers a comparison of IT and security governance.
The project deliverables are the following:
- Update the IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual title page with the new date and project name.
- Business and IT Goals
- List and describe at least 3 major business goals for your organization.
- List and describe the IT goals for your organization that will support the business goals.
- List and describe any additional IT goals required to support the IT operations of the organization.
- Discuss any conflicts between the business and IT goals of the organization and address any changes that must be made to resolve the conflicts.
- Information technology and Information Security Governance
- Summarize the meanings of IT governance and information security governanceand discuss their similarities and differences.
- List and describe organizational, government, or regulatory requirements that might affect your IT governance policies and procedures and incorporate those requirements into this section of the report.
- Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.
- Name the document yourname_ITAS469_IP2.doc.
- Submit the document for grading.
3–4 new pages in the IT Governance Policies & Procedures Manual, Microsoft Word document