For the case study, we will focus on the importance of safety and all parties helping to make safety a priority. The effectiveness of the safety training will depend on how prepared the participants are for the training and their perception of the training.
Review “Case: Safety First” located in the textbook on pages 199-200, and respond to the prompts below. You are not required to answer the questions at the end of the case study in the textbook.
- Examine the components of an effective training needs analysis for this scenario. What would the basic parts for a successful training program be?
- Describe how the training should be delivered, and briefly describe one motivational theory from those listed on pages 163–173 in the textbook and how it supports this type of training to enhance an organization’s performance.
Your case study should be at least two pages in length. Case Analysis:
1. Organization – You are required to use headings. Headings are required as they improve flow and readability of the assignment. It also allows you to identify gaps. All headings are bolded.
2. Cite in every paragraph with author(s), year. In other words, anything you write related to what you read must be cited. If citing a single reference in a paragraph, one citation is enough. Do not include a page number when paraphrasing.
3. Include an APA formatted reference page.
4. If you do not cite or if you do not include a reference, you will not earn any credit for your response.
5. Direct quotes are not analysis and should not be used when answering questions.