- Directions: This assignment is worth 100 points and requires that you have a partner. In the discussion area find someone in the class who needs a good or service that you provide, or someone who provides a good or service that you need. Write out a contract with them, making sure to include all important terms. Be sure to follow the links below for ideas on your contract. My suggestion to you is that you both turn in the same contract in the Dropbox instead of turning in one contract for both of you, even though both names are on it. You may use other contracts that you find on the internet or in books as a starting point. Some common contracts are: sales contracts or service contracts. You might want to read a little more about contract interpretation. Keep in mind that the contract does not necessarily have to be long, as long as it includes all the important points that you have agreed upon.
- Length: Approximately 2-3 pages (double-spaced in either Times New Roman 14-point font or Courier New 12-point font-length will vary depending on the subject matter of the contract)
a sample for you
CONTRACT FOR SERVICES
<NAME OF PROJECT OR PROGRAM>
<NAME OF VENDOR>
<TYPE OF SERVICE>
<DAY> <MONTH> <YEAR>
THIS CONTRACT is entered into this X day of Month 200X, by and between <NAME OF COMPANY>, a corporation of the State of <STATE>, hereinafter referred to as the “Contractor”, and <Your Organization Name>, a <your type of> corporation, hereinafter referred to as the “<Organization>”.
WHEREAS, the <Organization> desires to procure a contractor to perform <LIST OF SERVICES>; and
WHEREAS, the <Organization> has completed necessary steps for retention of professional and other services under applicable <Organization> policies; and
WHEREAS, the <Organization> has agreed to engage the Contractor, and the Contractor has agreed to contract with the <Organization>, for performance of services as described, and according to the further terms and conditions set forth herein.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of sums to be paid to the Contractor, and other good and valuable consideration, the Contractor and <Organization> do contract and agree as follows:
1. Scope of Services
The Contractor shall perform for the <Organization> the following described services:
<EXAMPLE: As described in the Statement of Work and in the manner stated in the Copier Service Level Agreement, attached and incorporated>
2. Time of Performance
In performing the services described in this Contract, it is mutually agreed that time is of the essence. The Contractor shall begin work in <MONTH> 200X, and work shall be completed in <MONTH> 200X.
3. Compensation; Time of Payment
For services to be performed hereunder, the <Organization> shall pay the Contractor the amount stated in the <Organization> <NAME OF PROJECT> Statement of Work. Requests for payment(s) shall be made as follows: As stated in the Statement of Work and <OTHER AGREEMENTS AS NEEDED>.
4. Workmanship and Quality of Services
All work performed under this Contract shall be performed in a workmanlike and professional manner, to the reasonable satisfaction of the <Organization>, and shall conform to all prevailing industry and professional standards.
All notices, requests for payment, or other communications arising hereunder shall be sent to the following:
Attn: <NAME OF CONTACT>
Attn: <NAME OF CONTACT>
NAME OF VENDOR COMPANY
<<ORGANIZATION> STREET ADDRESS>
<VENDOR STREET ADDRESS>
<Organization City, State, Postal code>
<VENDOR CITY, STATE, Postal Code>
With respect to the subject matter of, and all work to be performed under, this Contract, it is specifically agreed that the Contractor, its agents, officials, and employees, are subject to and bound by the terms of <relevant jurisdiction> Ordinance No. xxxxx.
This Contract may not be assigned without the express written consent of the <Organization>.
8. Applicable Law
This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of the <your State or Province>, and venue for any legal actions shall be in <relevant jurisdiction>.
9. Incorporation of Documents
Specifically incorporated into this Contract are the following attachments, or if not physically attached, are incorporated fully herein by reference:
<LIST OF DOCUMENTS>
PAGES WITHIN EACH DOCUMENT>
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Contractor has executed the foregoing with the signature(s) of its duly authorized officer(s), under seal, and the <Organization> has executed with the signature of its <relevant executive>, attested by its <relevant executive>, with the official seal affixed, the day and year first above written.
President or Authorized Officer
<Relevant Organization Executive>
(Ass’t.) Corporate Secretary
(Ass’t.) Corporate Secretary / Clerk-Treasurer