Unit 5 Assignment: Leadership for Organizational Effectiveness
The following Course Outcome is assessed in this assignment:
GB600-4: Analyze the influence of leadership on organizational effectiveness.
Prepare a 5–7-page paper (1200–1800 words) not including the title and reference pages, describing how leaders use creativity and innovation for organizational effectiveness by using the following checklist:
- Introduction section: Introduce a specific organizational effectiveness goal you desire to achieve through creativity and innovation.
- Conduct research on leadership practices that foster creativity and enhance innovation.
- Using the Leadership Self-Assessment 11-1: The Creative Personality Test (DuBrin, 2019), assess how similar your personality and attitudes are to those of creative people. Describe what you learned about your creative tendencies and provide recommendations for what you can do to increase your creative abilities.
- Analyze your current leadership practices and how well those practices enhance innovation then provide recommendations for increasing your overall effectiveness in this area. Be sure to use citations to connect the analysis and recommendations to the research.
- Conclude with a summary of the primary points of the paper and provide a call to action that connects to the stated goal from the introduction.
- Ensure substantive integration of appropriate current, and reliable resources, including in-text citations throughout, with a corresponding item on the reference list. A minimum of three (3) viable sources are required (no older than 3 years) and at least one must be a scholarly/peer reviewed source.
- Your response should be spell and grammar-checked and demonstrate correct mechanics and appropriate writing style.
- Format your paper using APA 7th edition, including section headings.