Course Textbook APA Citation:
Stanwick, P. A., & Stanwick, S. D. (2014). Understanding business ethics (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Read Case 23: Wal-Mart: But We Do Give Them a 10% Employee Discount, and address one of the following questions. Respond with your own thoughts to a post by another student.
1. Are the ethical issues Wal-Mart faces really any different from other large retailers?
2. Wal-Mart management has stated that they do not feel women are interested in management positions at the company. Do you agree or disagree?
3. Wal-Mart is continually criticized for its health care policy. Is this really an ethical issue? Why, or why not?
4. Should Wal-Mart be concerned about unionization of stores since allowing unionization of workers in China?
5. What are your views on Wal-Mart leadership, should they change? Why, or why not?