Atac, A., et al. (2005). A Study of the Opinions and Behaviors of Physicians with Regard to Informed Consent and Refusing Treatment. Military Medicine, 170(7), 566-71.
Brudney, D. (2009, Mar./Apr.). Choosing for another: beyond autonomy and best interests. The Hastings Center Report. 39(2), 31-38.
Dickman, R. L. (2000, March). Bending the rules to get a medication. American Family Physician 61 (5), 1563. http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/0301/p1563.html
Erlen, J. A. (2010). Informed consent: Revisiting the issues. Orthopaedic Nursing, 29(4), 276-80. Retrieved from
Lambert, V., & Glacken, M. (2011). Engaging with children in research: Theoretical and practical implications of negotiating informed consent/assent. Nursing Ethics, 18(6), 781-801. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0969733011401122
Miller, F. G., & Wertheimer, A. (2011). The fair transaction model of informed consent: An alternative to autonomous authorization. Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal, 21(3), 201-18. Retrieved from Waller, B. N., & Repko, R. A. (2008). Informed consent: Good medicine, dangerous side effects. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 17(1), 66-74.
GAO Highlights (2005). Un-compensated Care. Retrieved from http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05743t.pdf .
DS 2-3 pages Times new roman 12 pt
Be sure to provide in-text citation(s) and a reference list to support your viewpoints. Please use at least three (3) research sources (not Wikipedia, or fact sheets). Please do so in ALL subsequent submissions.
The ultimate goal of the Session Long Project is to identify and evaluate the ethical principles used in resolving ethical dilemmas, and to apply the principles to specific ethical issues that may have professional, sociological, economic, and legal or political implications.
Select a national (government) healthcare agency and discuss the ethical practices that it applies to experimentation and research.
SLP Assignment Expectations
1. Identify the practice along with a companion theory.
2. Are these practices enough to ensure safe and ethical research? If not what should be added to them?
3. Limit your responses to a maximum of three pages, not including title and reference pages.
4. Be sure to provide scholarly support for your discussion.
5. Several (3-5) scholarly references should be cited for this assignment. Be sure to properly cite all references.
6. Apply critical thinking skills within the write-up for this assignment.